Thursday, April 11, 2013


G – Gratitude


Gratitude is giving thanks for what we have and what we receive everyday, no matter how big or how small. There are those who replace gratitude with granted. Meaning we still take so many things for granted. We assume that people and things will be there for us forever. We forget to have gratitude. I give thanks everyday. When I pray, I thank God for waking up in the morning, having another day to learn, love, and for him. 

Unfortunately some people only focus on what they don’t have. That is a negative feeling to have. I tell my clients that they have to let that go and focus on what they do have like a roof over their head, food, family, friends, health and so on. Some just focus on the bad relationship, rotten job, the old car that works badly, the bills that just keep piling up and the kids who don’t listen. I teach them how to turn that negative thinking around and turn it into grateful positive statements.

I am grateful for a relationship full of love.
I am grateful for a job that pays me well so that I can live comfortable.
I am grateful for a car that gets me everywhere I need to go.
I am grateful for the financial flow that comes to me every day.
I am grateful for my children who are true gifts from God.

See how you can turn things around. Focus on the positive. Even if in the moment one or all of these are not true, still say it until it is true. The more you do it, the more you will be grateful for many things in your life. One of my teachers told me. Fake it until you make it. Remember the mind will follow what you tell it. 

 I am now grateful for ________.

From my Chapter on Gratitude......A Spiritual Journal Of Holistic Healing From A-Z
www.balboapress.com to purchase my book. or www.sistersofsolace.net


No comments:

Post a Comment